Sunday, October 21, 2007

My Kids






I really enjoy being a mother. It is a challenging job but an equally rewarding job. I have 5 children. I have 4 boys and 1 girl. I have always wanted to be a mother from the time I was little. I remember playing house and I always wanted to be the mom. Sometimes I was the maid or the Dad but I wished to be a mom. And my wish came true. I may not do anything spectacular with my life but I think that being a good wife and mother is important. I love my family.

My oldest son J.J. will be turning 24 soon. I can't believe how fast time goes by. His name is John Jordan he is named after his grandfather and dad and his middle name is my great great grandfather( I think) Jordan Brady. J.J. is a quiet and keeps to himself. He is good at fixing things and he is caring. He lives in Indiana with his girlfriend Samantha. They plan on getting married in the spring. They met while serving in the Army in Iraq. I am so proud of him. He has had some rough times but has made it through them and I look forward to his future endeavours.

Andrew James is my second son. He likes to be called Andy. He is 22. He is strong willed smart and stubborn. He is always right. He loves sports of all kinds. He served an LDS mission in Hartford Connecticut. He is good at wood working. His current job is at a cabinet making shop in SLC. He also is going to school in the paralegal program at SL Comunity College.

Peter Kenneth is my third son. He is named after his great grandfathers on both sides. Peter is 19 and he is currently on an LDS mission in Knoxville Tennessee. He is a funny kid. He likes to help people. He is outgoing, and talkative more so than my older boys. He plays the trombone and the tuba. He was able to get his eagle scout award. He loves cars; fixing driving, dreaming of them, anything to do with cars he loves. We miss him and his funny things he says's and does but he will be home soon.

Alexander Jay is the fourth son. Before he was born I knew he would be a boy. He is named after my dad Alex and his own dad Jay. He is always had a special place in my heart. Alex will be 18 on December 26th. He is funny and outgoing and social. He is the life of the party. Kids love him. He will be a good uncle and Dad one day. He is a senior in High School and he works at Wendy's and going to Bridgerland College in auto body repair.

Lacey Jo is our only daughter. When Lacey was a newborn a Lady once told me "What is a petunia doing amongst all these onions?" She has blessed our lives. She is sweet and thoughtful. She is 12 years old but going on 21. She is artistic and plays the violin and piano. She loves being with her friends and family. She would like to be a teacher one day.

I think that all my children are great! It has been hard raising them. They weren't always good and sometimes they still aren't. But for the most part they have turned out to be good people. And that makes me a happy mother!


No comments: