Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What.s for dinner

Most of you know I enjoy cooking very much. I love to collect recipes and come up different ideas for meals. So this is what I am having for dinner this coming week. I have also included a good pork roast recipe. Enjoy!
Thursday :Turkey Sandwiches with chips
Friday:Hamburgers and crinkle fries
Saturday: BBQ Chicken Macaroni Salad
Sunday: Company Pork Roast mashed potatoes and gravy, Lacey's dinner rolls, steamed broccoli, and chocolate cake for dessert.( I love to bake but we usually only have dessert on Sunday's)
Monday: Soft shell Tacos
Tuesday: Spaghetti with meat sauce
Wednesday:Teriyaki Chicken, Stir Fry vegetables and Rice.
Well that's what I have planned so far. I do change it around depending on what I am in the mood for or what ingredients I have on hand.
Company Pork Roast Marinade
4 lbs Pork loin
2 TBSP Honey
1TBSP Soy sauce
1 TBSP red wine vinegar
1 tsp dry mustard or regular mustard
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper
Mix all ingredients except roast in a bowl. Place roast in slow cooker and pour mixture over the top. Cook on low for approx. 10 hours or until tender.
Oven method: Place roast in foil lined roasting pan. Pour mixture over top. Cover with foil and bake at 325 for 2 1/2 hours basting frequently. uncover for the last 45 minuets to brown roast.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

thanks for the pork recipe-looks great!

Tulabell said...

Ooooh I gotta try that pork roast! I bet its scrumdidly umptious! I only wish I had a smaller crock pot, the one Charlie got me is huge and I no longer can utilize it much...guess that is a good idea to go shopping for one, they aren't that much. Plus it will be and Boo for a while Charlie leaves in two weeks.