Tuesday, January 8, 2013

What a Year!

The past year 2012 was quite a year for us. We started the year off with a cruise to the Mexican Riviera were we saw killer whales from our balcony room, we swam and snorkeled among the fish at Lovers Beach. And eat yummy fish tacos in Puerto Vallarta. And our little doggie had a puppy while we were on our cruise.
Beginning of February the Bishop asked me to be the Primary President and I accepted and right away put me to work with a stake baptism and various other duties to complete that month.
But I do love serving in the primary it is the best calling to have.

Lacey competed in Winter Color Guard competitions and in the spring they took state again for 3 years in a row. She also tried out for her senior year of color guard and made it.

In the spring I decided to redecorate my living room and re carpet Lacey room. It turned out pretty good and we enjoy having family and friends visit even though it is small.
We had a pretty good spring and got to camp with Randy one more time at Crystal Hot Springs.
And we celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary.

Summer was fun with camping with our friends at Lava Hot Springs and going in the Truck to Nebraska and Indiana to see our Grand kids Lee, Rocky, Miriam, and little Katie bug who was born while we were in Nebraska. And a wonderful visit with Tammy from Wisconsin.
Not so fun stuff I did in the summer was bladder repair surgery and getting C diff infection and hospitalized again. But I feel better and I am grateful for my family in taking care of me especially Lacey Jo. I love her to pieces.

Other summer favorite memories were Lacey's Parades, getting a new bike, fireworks, helping Lacey with her FFA lamb, the county fair and BB Q's in the back yard.

Fall is my favorite time of year and we enjoyed an Indian summer. Lacey signed up to be a model with Steve Harrington Photography. And started her Senior year and Andy his last year at USU.
And sad news of our father Randy. He passed away of cancer.

December was fun decorating and cooking, making our first gingerbread house and shopping and a wonderful visit from Peter and Bonni and Little Katie.
All in all it was a fabulous year memories we will never forget.

1 comment:

Tulabell said...

Would you send me photos of your remodels since I can't see them in person? Love and miss you tons.