Saturday, December 8, 2007

It's Snowing!

It has finally snowed. I have been looking forward to our first snow storm all season. And it finally happened. It ain't much to look at, it snowed less then 2 inches and it is mostly slush. But still it is snow. and I love Snow!
Last weekend everyone around us got the fluffy white stuff. I was jealous.
I wished that me and Lacey could make snowmen and snow angels. I wanted Alex to groan because he was the only one to shovel. Ha Ha. I remembered all the fun we use to have tubing in Provo canyon.
I wanted the excuse to be lazy and stay home all curled up with a movie and some hot chocolate.
But now my wish has come true this weekend. I think I will make a mini snow man and tiny snow angels. But instead of watching a movie I will need to get my Christmas projects done. I am sewing P J'S for my family, all 8 of us (now that Samantha has joined our family).My sewing machine will get a work out. And I am also making some Yummy candy for our Young Women's. Such an easy recipe my friend gave me I haven't tried it yet but it taste so good and it sounded so easy I just had to try it. You melt a symphony Candy bar add a tub of Whip cream make balls and roll it in vanilla wafers.
Next weekend I will head to West Valley to make Candies with my mother in law and my sister in laws. It is a wonderful tradition I hope that I can carry on with my daughter and daughter in laws.
I also would like to start some new traditions this year. Normally we exchange gifts with each other but this year we are all spread apart. I haven't asked my family yet but I would like us to go to our local store and pick out a child out on the angel tree and buy something for them. I think we will have more of the Christmas spirit this year if we give more than receive.
Christmas time is so busy but so wonderful! I hope to keep my Christmas simple but fun. Let it snow! Let it snow! So we can have a white Christmas this year.

No comments: