Friday, May 2, 2008

Slowly Watching the World go by.

Life has been kind of slow lately. We are winding down the days of school only 19 to go. Yeah! It has been cold here in Tremonton but we managed to get some yard work done. We have trimmed the apple tree, sprayed and fertilized our so called grass. It has more weeds then grass. We are also improving our home. We are getting new windows installed. I am very excited! Our old ones let in to much cold air in the winter and you couldn't open them up in the summer because the rollers are shot and there is no screens. Mostly because the boys always forgot their keys so they broke in. which resulted in why the windows don't work. The front window has water condensation stains they always looked dirty. I will do a before and after shot of the windows. And put it on my blog . They will be so nice. They are very expensive but I get a rebate from our utility company and a tax right off.
Jay was just put back in the bishopric again. He is ward clerk. His work has slowed down and he is a little worried but When the Stake President set him apart he blessed him that he would be able to provide for his family and be able to spend time at home. He still might go on long trips but I know everything will work out.
I am getting ready to be a grandma. I have plans to make a few things for John Rockford. Some quilts and receiving blankets, and burp cloths. I am planning on spending part of my summer visiting him in Indiana. It will be fun to be a Grandma.
Lacey is growing too fast she will be a teenager this summer but she has acted like one for a long time now. So it won't be that much of an adjustment. Lacey and I are reading Twilight or should I say I am reading it she has finished it and she is nagging me to by the next book. I think I should get reading before she tells me what is happening.
Alex is driving me crazy. He is going to graduate but by the skin of his teeth. He doesn't have any future plans other than working at Wendy's. I would like to see him finish his auto body and collision class at Bridger land college. He still is a great kid very fun to be around.
Andy made me a nice picture frame that holds six pictures . I put in the baby photos of all my kids and in the last space I put the saying ... My greatest blessings call me Mom. Andy enjoys working with wood he has a talent I didn't think he would have.
J.J. and Sam are doing well. It was Charlie's birthday and they took some flowers and balloons to her grave. J.J. will be having surgery on his wrist soon and hopefully back to work. But everything seems good for them.
Peter has almost been out a year and he will be turning 20 soon. I haven't heard much from him so that must mean he is busy.
I am thankful for my life and I love all my family even our extended families. We don't get to see each other as often as we like but hopefully we can keep in touch with our blogs.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

sounds exciting!! everything sounds like it's going well for you guys!

you need to go ahead and buy the next 2 twilight books and preorder the 4th one (it comes out in august). i've read them all so far and they are fabulous! i'll be seeing the movie based on the first one, opening night (december).

Have a great summer!

Anonymous said...

MONICA- I AM EXCITED THAT YOU GET TO FIX UP YOUR HOME, THAT IS ALWAYS SUCH A NICE FEELING TO HAVE SOMETHING NEW EVEN IF IT'S JUST WINDOWS, WE MUST FIND HAPPINESS IN SMALL THINGS. BESIDES YOU WILL SAVE MONEY THIS WINTER ON THE HEATING BILL. YOUR KIDS SOUND LIKE THEY ARE DOING SO GREAT, THAT IS WONDERFUL THAT YOU WILL BE A GRANDMA SOON, AND THAT YOU GET TO SPEND TIME WITH THE NEW LITTLE FAMILY. I AM EXCITED FOR JAY, HE IS A GOOD MAN AND EXAMPLE TO MARTY, WE THINK THE WORLD OF HIM. GET THOSE BOOKS READ THEY ARE EXCITING AND I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE, I AM RE-READING THE OTHER THREE. HAVE A GREAT DAY, LOVE, CHERISE